Xerosis is actually dry skin or dehydration of superficial layer of skin & is caused by inactive oil glands that don’t produce enough sebum for lubrication.It is a very common condition and is especially among elderly and in arid climates.
It more commonly affects lower legs but may affect any area of body. If severe enough it can lead to irritation and itching leading to Eczema.
VARIOUS OTHER CAUSES OF DRY SKIN/ XEROSIS:
• Hypothyroidism, hyperparathyroidism
• Lipid lowering medications
• Drugs- cimetidine, hydrochlorothiazide
• Malignancy – Hodgkin’s lymphoma
• HIV infection
• Autoimmune disorder
• Chronic renal; failure
• Eating disorder and malnutrition
Topical preparations: containing humectants that hold water on skin, such as lactic acid, urea based creams,hyaluronic acid, allantoin containing creams, lotions are preferred.
Systemic treatment:retinoid can be given in cases of ichthyosis, and should be taken as prescribed by physician.
• Oxygen treatment
• Gel Peels
• Derma roller
WHY SKINSENSE CLINIC FOR DRY SKIN?
We at Skinsense Clinic, have some customised procedures depending on the extent of dryness of skin in the individual which can be done in combination with the prescribed topical preparation to have a better and long lasting improvement.
WHY SKINSENSE CLINIC FOR XEROSIS?
We, at Skinsense Clinic, assess, examine and treat all dermatological conditions with utmost care. Use of the ideal moisturiser is essential for dry skin conditions. We advise from a range of products to help you with your condition.
Tips to remember-
• Use Luke warm water and not hot water for cleansing.
• Use mild non soapy cleansers or creamy face wash as they preserve natural oils in the skin.
• Use cleansers containing glycerine.
• Rich hydrating moisturizers are required for dry skin. These will increase the skin’s water content, improve its smoothness and decrease symptoms of itching, stinging and burning.
To prevent yourself from xerosis/dry skin during this winter, connect with us in +91 92205 75707 or visit www.skinsense.co.in
#dryskin #skincare #moisturizers #xerosis #itchiness #skincaretips #awesomeinsideout #scientificcare #doctorfrommulund #bestdrinmulund #bestcosmetologistinmulund #dermatologistinmumbai #bestdrinmulund #skinspecialist #hairspecialist